Each year I see posts from various bloggers aimed at Holiday gifts for Geeks notably Designers, Programmers, etc… but never for the humble Account Manager. So I took it upon myself as an account manager to list out 10 gifts that would either make our lives easier, or our offices much better environment in the coming year. These gifts are in no specific order nor have I taken price into consideration…
- By putting this game in your office, it could attract some developers, once in your office you can pick their brains for knowledge.
2. Nokia E71
- Great phone (and one of my clients) — it is important to have access to email and the web when you are out of the office.
- As account managers we are sitting most of time, so it is important to have a good chair (Note: keep your old chair and give the massage chair to a client during meetings so they are more relaxed).
- Printer, fax, scanner, I have one and it’s fantastic.
- There is no excuse to be late to a client meeting and when Google maps do not cut the mustard. Get a GPS, my life has not been the same since I got one, to be honest I do not know what I would do without a GPS system.
- For Listening to web design related podcasts going to and from work in the car.
- I find it impractical working with one screen, having dual screens has made my so much life easier – Now I have 2 screens I want a third.
- It’s important to have a ton of storage to save all your proposal back-up’s and client specific files.
- Great for relaxing when you have had a tough day.
- What a great tool for taking notes during meetings, this pen records audio and links the audio file what you write on paper.
You will notice that I have added 9 of the gifts to an Amazon page, if you plan on purchasing any of the above gifts for the Account manager in your life I would appreciate that you purchased them by clicking in the appropriate link in the widget. Once purchased via Amazon I will get a commission from the sale and I will donate 100% of the referral payments to “Making Strides Against Breast Cancer”.